Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting back in touch

I feel so loved this week. First, I got to meet a friend, whom I haven't seen in a long time, for lunch. While waiting for her to arrive at the restaurant, I get another call from another girlfriend, whom I have missed so dearly. We have a play date scheduled next week and I am bursting to tell my kids - but I'm thinking it would be better to surprise them instead. Partly because I am afraid of jinxing the good behavior streak they have been having at school. I'm afraid they will be all worked up, they won't think right and therefore do wrong.

These touching surprises to get together with friends is much needed, and much deserved. I have just gotten into such a rut of trying to get through the week of hauling kids to and from school, doing dishes/laundry, going to t-ball, gymnastics, and now my golf clinic, that there doesn't seem to be anytime to sit down and appreciate what I have, and who is in my life. I have just been trying to live for the weekend, when I have a longer stretch of time available to me in order to try and complete the tasks I have set forth for myself. My goal - get my house and life in order because I am ready to have friends over for dinners and fellowship.

Now that I have had these little refreshers, I am geared up and ready for "Spring Cleaning." I am wanting to get out of the clutter in my house, and to also clear out the clutter in my life. I just have to figure out to whom I am going to give all of this stuff (don't worry Melessa, the baby stuff is safe for you). But I am planning on having it all done by Mother's Day weekend, so that I can start living life again. Especially since I'll be home with my kids this summer and I want to be able to have time to enjoy it.

No comments: