Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time to hibernate

I really have a strong desire to follow my baby's lead and "hibernate" this chilly morning. The sound of the rain and thunder last night was so soothing and relaxing to me as I soaked my stress away in a tub of hot "Mexico." (see previous posts for further explanation) A white chocolate martini and a good book in hand and I was soon ready for La-La-Land.

Then this morning, it is chilly and windy and makes me want to curl up under my fleecy blanket and hibernate the morning and afternoon away. Ry-Ry did just this. He woke up long enough to play for a little while as I fixed breakfast for the older two. He was quite content to roll around in his crib under his blanket, then have a diaper change and a nice warm bottle. He barely finished eating and went right back to sleep where he rolled to his side and curled up under his blankets again as I laid him in his crib. Oh to be so small and get to enjoy those glorious, warm, mom-is-so-envious moments.

I guess I will just have to enjoy a nice cup of hot cocoa, a blanket, and a little quiet reading time this afternoon after I drop big brother off for Pre-K this afternoon. My to-do-list can be "do-ed" (as KD says it) after I pick the kids up from school. There is something good about being a stay-at-home-mommy sometimes.

No comments: