Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring "Break" is now over

Spring break is officially over.......... and my kids are having a hard time adjusting to it. They ran rampant with their cousins last week and the lack of sleep on their part is definitely having its effects.

The little person having the most difficulty adjusting to things is my oldest son. He is only 5 1/2 years old and is grounded. Why? Because he thinks he is smarter than his parents.

Last night he tried to pull the "Well, Mommy said I could......." and the "Daddy said it's okay........" stunt with the two of us. All because he would not ask his father if it was alright to go over to a neighbor's house to play. He "thought" he would not like the answer his father would give him, so he decided to make up one on his own. He had tried asking me originally, but since I had holed myself up in my daughter's room to finish painting it (that is another blog), I reminded him that his Dad was in charge of him and he needed to ask him. And it went on from there.

On the way home from school today, I asked my son how his day went after the break. He said "Great! And we played a game today - called the 'Quiet Game' and everyone kept asking me to play because they think I am so cool."

I don't think I have the heart to tell him the real reason why he must have been chosen for the quiet game.

No comments: